How One Housing looks after your personal information
As your landlord, One Housing Group Limited (or its subsidiaries TPHA, Citystyle Living or One Direct Maintenance Limited) collects personal information from you. This is collected when you apply for housing with us and during your tenancy or whilst you are a shared owner or leaseholder.
We collect your information for the following purposes:
- To allocate you a property.
- To manage your tenancy or lease and the One Housing Group property it relates to.
- To monitor compliance with the terms of your tenancy agreement or the lease, including checking for tenancy fraud.
- To deliver support to you or any member of your household within an agreed support plan.
- To conduct surveys in order to monitor and improve our services.
Your personal information will be stored on our computer systems. It is held securely and we have security measures in place to prevent it from being accessed by any unauthorised person.
Who will we share your information with?
From time to time we may need to provide third parties with personal information relating to you or members of your household.
These third parties include:
- The Police.
- Local authorities e.g Social Services, Anti social behaviour teams, Council Tax and Housing Benefit Departments.
- The National Anti-Fraud Network, National Fraud Initiative and credit reference agencies.
- Repairs and maintenance contractors.
- Tracing and/or debt collection agencies.
One Housing Group Limited endeavours to deal with instances of rent arrears without involving third parties. However, in cases of unresolved arrears, and where arrears remain outstanding after termination of a tenancy agreement by either party; we may disclose personal details to tracing and/or debt collection agencies.
We may also pass your contact details to our repairs and maintenance contractors where necessary to arrange appointments.
We will only share information with these parties in order to accomplish the purposes outlined above. All information sharing is subject to the relevant information sharing protocol.
We may also disclose your personal details if required to do so by law or any Governmental body.
Files may be viewed by external parties such as local authority contract managers, Inspection teams and auditors as part of monitoring, audits and service reviews.
Your information may be shared internally between One Housing Group and the subsidiary entities set out above.
How long do we hold your information for?
We will hold information relating to you for as long as you hold a tenancy with us. If you move and become a former tenant we will retain your tenancy information for 5 years after which it will be disposed of securely.
How can I apply to see the personal information One Housing Group holds about me?
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of these details, please write to one of the addresses below. We will respond to you within 40 days of receiving the following:
- £10.00 fee. This is to cover the administration of your request.
- Confirmation of your identity. This is to ensure that your information is not disclosed to someone pretending to be you.
- Any other information we require to process your request. If more information is required, a One Housing Group staff member will contact you for further information as soon as possible upon receiving your request.